The third workshop on “The Next Challenges of Biorefineries” and fourth workshop on “Building a circular biobased economy through a multi-actor approach” are part of the BioSPRINT Training education and capacity building programme.
Workshop #3 will take place in the National Institute of Chemistry in Ljubljana, Slovenia. It will be a two day workshop on the 14 and 15 June 2923. Topics will cover:
- The latest developments and challenges in the recovery of valuable products, including product(s), solvent(s) and unreacted sugar feedstock;
- Latest advances in downstream purification processes, with a focus on recovering valuable products from different types of biomass, namely lignocellulosic, marine and microbial;
- The importance of integration and intensification of downstream technologies to ensure maximum efficiency and sustainability in the biorefining process;
- The advantages and challenges of using ionic liquids and deep eutectic solvents in the biorefining process;
- How to go from R&D to the market.
The third workshop is organized in collaboration with the Bilateral Project Portugal – Slovenia.
Workshop #4 will take place in Trieste, Italy, on the 16 June 2023. Topics will cover:
- All-encompassing view of the world of polyurethanes, phenolic resins and polylactic acid;
- Insight on current trends and challenges in the development of sustainable polymers – from the lab all the way to LCA;
- Learn how modelling and machine learning can be powerful tools for bridging sustainability with the development of new polymers;
- Direct interaction with people from the field: academic experts and researches, innovation agencies, SMEs and large enterprise.
The event is organised in collaboration with the IChemE Catalysis and Reaction Engineering Special Interest Group.
You are interested in participating? Please register below:
We are looking forward to welcoming you!